Harvest Moon

Harvest Moon
The Sandia Mountains: Always Inspiring

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Weeds or Flowers?

When I first moved into my house I had just finished laying out a small fortune to relocate for work. All my things were in storage and I wanted to make my new home cozy. Flowers aren't in abundance here in the high desert but this little purple plant seemed to be everywhere in small but bright patches which dotted the landscape including my yard. Since I had no extra money at the time to buy something as frivolous a vase I thought an old pill bottle would do the trick as these are fairly tiny flowers. It did much to brighten up my kitchen windowsill! I have since discovered that everyone here calls this a weed although it truly is a flower (whose name escapes me at the moment.)

I am forever taking photos of odd things that catch my eye. Rocks, walls, shadows on the ceiling cast by the light hanging there, funny little statues in the store. You name it, if it catches my eye I will snap a photo. I have a plethora of odd photos sitting on my hard drive. Recently I started a class Photoshop Artistry: Fine-Art Grunge Composition  Finally I can put all those odd photos to work. The photo on the right is the result of one of the challenges in the class. Tomorrow, 01/06/14, I begin a new 8 week journey in Frugal Still Life Photography with Cheryl McCain. The cost is FREE so come join me as I take this journey. I can't wait and am very excited to streeeeeeech some more!

If you are taking any challenges, be sure and leave a comment with a link to your work and tell me about the challenge you have chosen. Let me know if you have some photos you felt really had no place to be showcased but you love them anyway and, please, share what you do with them besides letting them just sit on your hard drive.

And now I will leave you with another of my favorite quotes: 

A weed is no more than a flower in disguise, 
Which is seen through at once, if love give a man eyes. 
~James Russell Lowell

Thanks for stopping by! See you tomorrow!

Warm regards, 
Sharon 


No comments:

Post a Comment