Harvest Moon

Harvest Moon
The Sandia Mountains: Always Inspiring

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Strreeeeeeeetch!

I am so excited to be able to share with you that I did my very first senior photo shoot this morning! Just so you get the "picture", I have not been a portrait photographer. My photography has been for the most part, up until a month ago, purely art and personal family/friends photos. 

On Thursday I received a FB message from an ex-colleague and friend  asking if I could do a photo shoot of her son on Saturday (today) because he was only home for the holidays and would be leaving.  Of course I can! So, early this morning we met at the local university duck pond and we started shooting away. My concern was posing the young man so that I would do justice for both mom and senior. I had never posed a senior before. I had never really posed ANYONE before. My photos are usually just of spontaneous interaction with me just clicking away photo after photo. 

Well, long story short, I don't know what I was anxious about. As soon as we got to the duck pond, it seemed as though I had been posing people forever. Jonah was a joy to work with, my creative juices were flowing freely, and we had a lot of fun!

Today I actually have 2 quotes that seem appropriate for today's exciting adventure, both among my very favorites:

Faith

When you walk to the edge of all the light you have
and take that first step into the darkness of the unknown,
you must believe that one of two things will happen:

There will be something solid for you to stand upon,
or, you will be taught how to fly.
~ ©Patrick Overton
 
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
~ Lao Tzu

Needing to take that first step? What's stopping you?!


Thanks for stopping by! I hope to see you again, tomorrow.

Warm regards,
Sharon

P.S. Yes, the tie had to stay. It is an OU tie! 

* Thanks to Angelic and Jonah for allowing me to share the senior photos with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment