Harvest Moon

Harvest Moon
The Sandia Mountains: Always Inspiring

Monday, January 13, 2014

Pray Cream

Wow! Have I had some major lessons to learn this week! #1. Do NOT walk along the edge of a duck pond with your eye at the viewfinder and your attention on your subject. Invariably you WILL find the only slick muddy spot for 50 miles. #2. When you are working with God you work on His schedule, not yours. I don't like to make excuses or whine so you won't get any of the details about my week, but suffice it to say that the above photo and quote were a blessing from God after a very difficult week full of frustration. A blessing which was also bestowed upon my sister at the same time 1500 miles away over the course of today. Many of my works of art and photography are blessings. I hope as time goes by you will find that the blessings in them touch your lives as they touch mine.

A little about the photo: This was actually from the first photo shoot assignment in my class Frugal Still Life Photography with Cheryl McCain, however the assignment required that the subject be completely "in frame" so this one did not get turned in. It is my favorite shot, however!

I used Adobe Photoshop CS6 and applied a levels adjustment layer and a curves adjustment layer. I added a veil from the Botanical Collection at Love That Shot called Prairie Milkweed. It is set on "Multiply" at 100%. The font is La Danse from MyFonts.com. The quote is from one of my favorite sites, ThinkExist.com. The frame I created with the pencil tool in the same program. 

If you have no clue what I am talking about, but would like to learn how to use Adobe Photoshop please let me know via the comment section and I can get you pointed in the right direction.

That's it for today! God willing I will see you tomorrow!

Warm regards,

Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Lovely LOVELY image Sharon! So sorry you broke your foot! How awful!!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the Still Life Workshop. I so hope you join in the monthly Still Life meme so I can continue to gaze at your gorgeous images!
    http://cherylmccainphotography.com

    ReplyDelete